Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are several simple things you can do to make sure your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in the event of power surges.
- Verify the pump is positioned correctly and not leaning to one side as this can cause the pump to not turn on when instructed.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, drop a bucket of water into the pit to check the pump runs and removes the water quickly.
- In dry weather, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Check the discharge pipe’s vent hole is clear.
Trust McElroy Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a kind of security to defend your home from water damage, depend on the Experts at McElroy Service Experts to ensure yours is taking care of business.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year. Give us a call at 308-210-4398 or schedule an appointment online.