Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Grand Island
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until there’s a downpour. Then you hope it’s running properly so your Grand Island basement doesn’t flood.
Sump pumps can cease draining for a few different reasons.
We’ve witnessed it all. If your pump isn’t running like it should, contact the Experts at McElroy Service Experts to investigate the problem.
We’ll examine your pump during our visit and give you preventive maintenance suggestions, so it won’t go out when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can cease operating for a couple of different reasons:
- Power loss
- Irregular maintenance
- Too small of a unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch issues
- Icy or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average expectancy is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few easy things you can do to ensure your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Make sure the cord is in decent shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in anticipation of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is straight and not tilting to one side, since this can lead the pump to not run when required.
- If the pump hasn’t been on recently, dump a bucket of water into the pit to verify the pump runs and removes the water quickly.
- During dry forecasts, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Confirm the discharge pipe’s vent hole is free of obstructions.
Trust McElroy Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a method of safeguard to defend your home from water damage, depend on the Experts at McElroy Service Experts to verify yours is taking care of business.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 308-210-4398 or book an appointment online.