Preventing it from happening is the most critical place to begin. Completing correct safety precautions will reduce your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in Grand Island.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect your family:
- Heat up your car away from your garage. Cars are a large source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours on in the confined space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heaters. These items are safe when run properly but can create carbon monoxide when used for an extended period of time in tight spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, because it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a specialist. This makes sure chimneys and vents are clear and connected appropriately.
- Confirm gas appliances are operating accurately, particularly your heater. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by requesting yearly furnace maintenance with McElroy Service Experts.