Your HVAC system is vital to home comfort and healthy indoor air. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these features for granted until they’re forced to do without them. If your AC has ever broken down on a blistering summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you can understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner likes to deal with last minute repairs, high energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if you could ensure a continuous supply of clean, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like getting an oil change for your car, consistent tune-ups are vital for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get the most from each maintenance visit, you should look into applying for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and the HVAC contractor. Participation takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other advantages. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to schedule tune-ups with McElroy Service Experts, but we highly endorse signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automated Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busy, so it's not hard to forget about scheduling furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive consistent reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so worthwhile, check out these benefits:
- Uncover smaller problems early on: Issues with your heating and cooling usually develop slowly. When a technician checks the internal components once a year, it’s possible to find and fix small problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Reduce the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance appointment, the risk of a mid-season breakdown goes down.
- Saving on repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, foreseeable cost that minimizes the need for most major repairs.
- Improve energy efficiency: The Department of Energy estimates that yearly maintenance can enhance HVAC efficiency by as high as 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Boost home comfort: When your heating and cooling system performs the way it should, airflow improves for even temperatures and more balanced humidity in your home.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on premature replacement expenses.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety inspection during each visit delivers peace of mind that your heating and cooling system is working as intended.
- Protect your warranty: Most HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance so much that they demand annual tune-ups to keep your warranty valid. Investing a little in maintenance now safeguards you from expensive repairs that your warranty should cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance contract puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can usually anticipate same-day service—even on nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your heating and cooling system? An HVAC maintenance plan grants access to the quickest installs available, even during the busiest weeks.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Routine maintenance reduces the need for repair work, but if your system needs some TLC, having an HVAC maintenance contract grants a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Utility repairs are sometimes unavoidable, but they can get expensive fast. Luckily, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour visits.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has executed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the work leaves you dissatisfied, our technician will return to correct things.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
McElroy Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan provides and contact our staff to help you choose the ideal plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before signing up. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to ask for a tune-up, please contact your local McElroy Service Experts office today.