When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if the water seems clear, it might still carry toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and well-being. Many people don't like the taste of contaminated tap water and grasp the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American families have either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have clean drinking water nearby.
If you want to safeguard your family’s health, you might first consider continuing the bottled water plan. Sadly, this gets costly fast. In addition, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up polluting the world’s waterways, harming the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and cleaner for the environment than using so much bottled water. It may also provide healthier water more conveniently because you can get it right from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, allowing you to make the most of the benefits everywhere you use water at home.
Before installing a whole-house water filter, learn what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can clear out unhealthy contaminants. Then, contact McElroy Service Experts to help you choose and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality fluctuates by location, but a few of the most prevalent contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your home's tap water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that lawful water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your tap, providing you and your family with safe, sparkling water to drink. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a frequent sign of sediment in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and increases in the water main soon after heavy rains. While typically harmless, sediment can make your drinking water look and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to remove solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in dense cities. Sadly, this disinfectant creates harmful chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. Certain DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration system. Besides being safer for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty odors. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more murky water swirling around your cup. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Harmful chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and adhere to your clothing and dishes when you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so beneficial because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or water going to waste: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that healthy water doesn’t have to include bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s configuration, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor includes both designs to satisfy your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At McElroy Service Experts, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re hoping to reduce water hardness, filter out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, easy and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local McElroy Service Experts office for help finding a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.