Reasons to Schedule Annual Furnace Maintenance
As the temperature drops and you find yourself reaching for the thermostat more frequently, you should also reach for your phone to arrange annual furnace maintenance. Ensuring your furnace runs optimally this winter boosts your comfort, safety and peace of mind all season long.
Here’s a little more about what this crucial preventive task involves and why you shouldn’t neglect it.
What Is Included in Annual Furnace Maintenance?
A maintenance visit is a reliable way to get your heating system ready for the cold months. Although the specific tasks depend on the brand and age of your furnace, you can generally expect your technician to perform the following:
- Check and clean the burner: Over the years, dirt and debris can obstruct the burner, affecting its performance. Cleaning it brings back optimal heat transfer.
- Test the gas valves: Making sure these valves are totally open and working properly is crucial for safe furnace operation.
- Look over the heat exchanger: A cracked heat exchanger can lead to carbon monoxide leaks, so it’s crucial to check that no cracks are present.
- Review and tighten electrical parts: Loose connections can make your system hazardous and inefficient. Thankfully, tightening them is a fast and easy process.
- Clean the blower: A grungy blower has an effect on your furnace’s ability to move warm air around your home. Cleaning and balancing the fan makes certain that your home has the best airflow.
- Change the air filter: Clean air filters allow necessary airflow throughout your system, which is why you should always replace a clogged air filter in your furnace. Installing a brand-new air filter also improves indoor air quality if you set up a filtration system.
Reasons to Schedule Routine Furnace Maintenance
If your furnace seems to be running fine, is it still worthwhile to arrange a maintenance appointment? Here are some of the ways furnace maintenance is beneficial:
- Decrease mid-season malfunctions: There are few more disheartening ways to start the day than waking up on a chilly winter morning to find your furnace has stopped working. Mid-season breakdowns are stressful and can leave you scrambling to find someone to fix it. Annual furnace maintenance reduces the chance of unexpected problems because your heating specialist looks over every part of your system, catching minor issues before they escalate into costly repairs.
- Lower repair costs: It’s a simple equation—the earlier you catch a problem, the less expensive it is to fix. By investing in budget-friendly, predictable maintenance visits, you can avoid costly, inconvenient repairs, keeping more money in your pocket.
- Increase your furnace’s service life: Like a well-maintained car, a furnace that receives routine tune-ups will likely last longer than an unattended heating system. Annual maintenance helps you avoid the expense of premature furnace replacement by lengthening your system’s life span.
- Raise energy efficiency: A well-maintained heating system works smoothly and efficiently. When all the parts are clean and in good working order, your system doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your home warm. This decreases your heating bills and cuts down your environmental impact.
- Enhance indoor air quality: Polluted indoor air worsens allergies and respiratory diseases. The air filter in your furnace catches dust, pollen and other airborne particles to reduce these conditions. During a maintenance visit, the heating professional will change the air filter at your request, ensuring cleaner air moves through your home.
- Boosts safety: A malfunctioning furnace is not only inefficient, there’s a chance it also might be dangerous. Cracked heat exchangers or defective gas valves can produce potentially deadly carbon monoxide leaks. Knowing your system has been examined for anything that could be dangerous should give you peace of mind this winter.
What Season Should You Set up Your Maintenance Visit?
To enjoy the most benefits, it’s best to schedule annual furnace maintenance in the fall before winter’s chill gets to your area. This is a way to make sure any issues are attended to before you begin relying heavily on your heating system.
DIY Furnace Maintenance Between Tune-Ups
Although professional maintenance is vital, you can complete several tasks yourself to keep your furnace running smoothly between visits:
- Replace the air filter every 30 to 90 days to increase airflow.
- Make sure all of your return and supply registers are open and unobstructed for system balance.
- Vacuum the outside of the furnace with the brush attachment so it is clean.
Choose Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing for Furnace Maintenance in the U.S.
If it’s time for your next furnace maintenance tune-up, Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing is a heating and cooling team you can rely on. Our ACE-certified technicians provide fast, long-lasting fixes for all your heating and cooling issues. We’re proud to deliver solutions to everyone we can and strive to make a significant difference in your lifestyle and sense of comfort. We even offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee so you can feel even more comfortable. To set your heating system up for success this winter, call 866-397-3787 today to schedule furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing.
Eight Frequent Heating Myths Debunked
There are plenty of myths out there about home heating that lead to confusion and inefficient furnace usage. It’s time to get the facts out there. Here, the heating professionals at Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing reveal the truth behind the eight most common myths to keep... Continue reading
How to Pick Out a Suitable HVAC System
In terms of keeping your home comfortable year-round, nothing is more critical than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This decision impacts your daily comfort, monthly utility bills and general home efficiency. But, with so many system types, sizes and... Continue reading
Annual HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Now that the air turns chilly, you know it’s time to winterize your residence for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is key to maintaining a cozy, warm environment. A well-maintained furnace delivers the comfort you desire while using less energy. Regular inspections also make your... Continue reading