Air conditioners don’t last indefinitely, despite the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are some points to think about, plus the perks of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can probably hold on it.
- What model of air conditioner are you getting? Lots of homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This saves energy and increases comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to get the total comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the right air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your residence comfy. An updated air conditioner could call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from McElroy Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and make the correct suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your bank account if you replace both systems at the same time.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t often any major short-term drawbacks. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system goes out. You can avoid the short-term patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner simultaneously. And, you’ll enjoy these rewards:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything works at the highest efficiency, making your family cozier and reducing your annual energy costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for a modern furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both put in at the same time. And you may even qualify for a discount since you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust McElroy Service Experts. We get the expense of replacing your total system might stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one low monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are covered!*
You can relax knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and ACE-certified to guarantee a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 308-210-4398 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.