Air conditioners don’t last indefinitely, despite the brand or quality. If you’re preparing for air conditioning replacement in Grand Island, you could be considering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are some points to think about, plus the perks of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can usually hold on it.
- What model of air conditioner are you getting? A lot of homeowners are swapping out their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This saves energy and increases comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to realize the total comfort and advantages of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the correct amount of air to keep your residence the right temperature. A modern air conditioner could call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from McElroy Service Experts, can estimate that static pressure of your system and give the correct suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your wallet if you replace both systems at the same time.
Why You Should Get a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t typically any major short-term drawbacks. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system stops working. You can avoid the short-term patch by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these pluses:
- Improved efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at peak efficiency, making your family comfier and decreasing your annual energy costs.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for a modern furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can pay less for labor by having both put in at once. And you could even qualify for a special deal as you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust McElroy Service Experts. We know the expense of replacing your total system might stress you out, so we’ll make your investment affordable through special coupons or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one low monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs later on are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 308-210-4398 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.