Imagine it’s a sweltering hot summer day, and your air conditioning suddenly goes out. You make phone calls for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps rising while you wait for an HVAC specialist to arrive. What a headache!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is an essential tool in preventing this scenario. But what are the signs that it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth arranging an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem to have any issues? Find out why taking a proactive philosophy is the secret to keeping you and your AC unit cool under pressure.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner working efficiently, HVAC professionals highly recommend servicing it a minimum of once a year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit continues to be in optimal condition, protecting against potential problems and increasing its life span.
As for when to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the preferred time of year. This allows you to address potential issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your AC unit runs smoothly throughout the whole summer.
However, if spring is past, and you never got around to scheduling AC service, don’t wait another year. When it comes to maximizing cooling abilities in your AC unit with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Entail?
An air conditioning tune-up is a detailed process involving various steps. This is why DIY servicing is not recommended. Here are some key parts of the work performed during a routine service appointment:
- Thorough inspection: The technician visually examines your air conditioning unit for potential issues53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The mechanic uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other parts to make sure that your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to decrease friction and protect against wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to encourage safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Switching out the filter improves air quality and helps the unit run more efficiently. HVAC professionals advise doing this yourself every few months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your technician will run a test cycle to make sure the system starts, operates and shuts down properly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many homeowners question if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups encourage better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit requires less electricity to keep your home cool, resulting in lower utility costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s much easier to spot potential issues early when a technician diligently inspects your HVAC system every spring. A simple repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid expensive and inconvenient breakdowns during the hot months.
- Higher air quality: A clean cooling system promotes better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car last longer, consistent AC service extends the life of your air conditioner, saving you on early replacement bills.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Routine maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should consider it an investment, not an expense expenditure. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility charges, complicated and expensive repairs or the cost of buying a new system.
To optimize your savings, consider enrolling in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll lower the risk of breakdowns and improve energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to meet your needs and budget. You’ll enjoy several benefits no matter which one you select, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans cover annual AC tune-ups, ensuring your system stays in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when arranging appointments, even during peak call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with additional discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your assurance, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for a year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Clearly, regular AC maintenance is essential for increasing performance and delivering home comfort. Schedule a yearly visit, if at all possible in the spring, to avoid breakdowns and appreciate numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts is clearly the top choice, with skilled professionals, wide-ranging maintenance plans and a dedication to customer satisfaction. Entrust air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your residence cool and comfortable all year. To learn more or schedule your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.