There are a multitude of fumes that could be inside your Grand Island residence. Natural gas and fumes that derive from residential furniture, carpeting and paints. Not one of these gases are as threatening as carbon monoxide.
Reach McElroy Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 308-210-4398 today to begin defending your loved ones against this dangerous gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Poisonous?
Carbon monoxide might be an emergency, so it’s not a thing to joke about.
1. You Can’t Smell It
Carbon monoxide is hazardous because you can’t observe it, detect it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It’s not as dangerous in small doses and can’t be filtrated.
2. It Can Be Deadly in Just a Few Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a result of used fuel. It can creep into your house during cold weather if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. Depending on how considerable the leak is and the airflow in a residence, the gas could become lethal in within minutes.
Once inhaled, it has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are taking in fresh air, you will need five hours to remove it from your bloodstream. It requires an extra five hours to reduce that concentration by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Resemble Other Illnesses
The gas can also mimic illnesses that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.
How to Defend Your Home from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no point to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are several steps you can do to keep your home safe:
- Each house with at least one gas heater, attached garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide alarm. You should have a detector on every level of your house, including the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of every bedroom. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide system in your residence?
Call McElroy Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 308-210-4398 to buy one. Ask our specialists about our affordable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
- If you currently have a carbon monoxide system, consistently check or put in new batteries. You should look at batteries every three months, and buy a new detector every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide sensor sounds, exit your home right away and call 911.
Protect Your Family with Assistance from McElroy Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the right precautions your loved ones can be guarded from the toxic gas. Make the proper changes and call McElroy Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 308-210-4398 to learn more.