No matter what the temperature outside in Grand Island, the temperature in your space decides how comfortable you will seem. Choose the right temp and your space will seem like a comfortable escape from everything. But if your home comfort system isn’t functioning accurately, you’ll recognize it. And it won’t be fun.
Take time for a deeper look at how you’re using your home comfort system. It could make the difference between a solid system or a poor performer. Try this short quiz from McElroy Service Experts to figure out where you stand.
- Hotter days are not far away in Grand Island. How do you prepare your system?
- Change out the HVAC filter and dust the vents. Then it’s good to go.
- Bring in the pros for seasonal maintenance.
- Nothing. It will be fine.
- You’re planning a get-together on a hot night, but the AC isn’t functioning. What do you do?
- Advise my visitors to bring chilled beverages.
- Organize an emergency repair to get it working before the party starts.
- Start my fans and hope for a cool breeze.
- Your current HVAC is losing steam. What’s your plan when it’s time for an upgrade?
- Let my contractor to choose and bankroll it with a credit card.
- Manage worries and bills by subscribing to a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Install the most intricate system available in Grand Island.
- When you open your next monthly energy bill, what do you suppose you’ll see?
- It will have a hefty price tag. My home comfort bills have skyrocketed.
- It will be similar to the expenses for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I open it. Some of them aren’t bad, but others are stunning.
- Your home comfort system is making a strange noise. What do you do first?
- Get my toolbox and devote a weekend attempting to fix it.
- Schedule a skilled technician to examine it.
- Block it out and hope it goes away.
Now tally your results. If you chose mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are right on. You’re taking care of your system and you have a plan for down the road. But if you replied to any of these questions with As or Cs, you could make a few changes to help your HVAC perform more efficiently. Keep reading to discover how.
Useful HVAC Habits to Help Out Your Wallet
Arrange Seasonal Maintenance While swapping out your air filter and sprucing up your vents are crucial tasks to help out your system for a new season, a professional maintenance visit is essential to wrap up the process. During a regular maintenance visit, your HVAC technician will manage a series of tasks that maximize the energy efficiency of your HVAC. And while they’re there, your HVAC service technician will be on the lookout for more severe complications for your equipment. That could save you a pricey breakdown later in the season.
Find an HVAC company that offers emergency repairs. Even correctly maintained home comfort systems can have problems occasionally. And it always seems to happen at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can save you the headache and distress. The Service Experts Advantage Program provides that much needed service to customers at no other cost.
Make a plan for your HVAC system upgrade. Well-maintained heating and cooling systems can function for 10 to 15 years, but they can’t last forever. Build a strategy now to evade last-minute pressure when your system takes its last bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It offers you a new high-efficiency home comfort system with no up-front costs. Even better, the program also has free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy bills and don’t ignore it when they radically change. Your power bills can present more than your monthly expenses. If you’re seeing a stable escalation in your charges but no variation in home comfort, something is likely going on with your equipment. An updated high-efficiency system can offer you peace of mind with more reliable energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Act when you notice an odd noise from your home comfort system. That noise is more than irritating. It is telling you something is wrong with your machinery. Even if it’s a seemingly small problem, left without a repair it could make for a high-priced repair in the future. Don’t try to work on it yourself. Leave it to the pros to check out and repair it.
Your heating and cooling system can cost you quite a lot when you don’t manage it. If you apply these tips, you could save time, extra costs and frustration. And if your system just isn’t keeping up anymore, contemplate finding one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can help you get an updated energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To discover more, give us a call or book an appointment online. We’re happy to help!