We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to share the common heating problems Grand Island homeowners often call McElroy Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning about. Although there are quite possibly hundreds of causes why your Grand Island home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Here are the top five complications that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat breaks causing no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air passage problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace excessive heat or poor heating control
3. Dirty or clogged filters that cause airflow and comfort problems
4. Pilot light or furnace ignition issues, resulting in intermittent or no heat
5. Lack of regular service may cause unexpected breakdowns, poor comfort or escalated energy costs (in addition to emmense homeowner frustration!)
All of these common issues can be resolved by a professionally qualified, NATE-certified technician. Technicians from McElroy Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning can quickly detect the problem area and make the needed repairs. Getting a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could protect you from almost all heating problems that result in no heat or low comfort levels. When you get a tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they operate correctly and at peak efficiency during the heating season. Critical items like Carbon Monoxide checks, adequate combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also top elements to the tune-up process. Remember – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age can pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, especially if a NATE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment regularly.
Contact McElroy Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning of Grand Island at 308-210-4398 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.