It’s cold out there. Much of the country is layering up for some below freezing weather. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect those exterior water faucets.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drop in indoor bathrooms and sinks by exterior walls can stop pipes from freezing.
- Open up kitchen and bathroom cabinets under sinks to keep warm air moving around pipes.
- Set an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not functioning, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick test.
Follow these quick tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then pour yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, McElroy Service Experts is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.