There are tons of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Grand Island. But, there’s also that huge list of must-do’s before the cold weather arrives. Although the outdoor yard work and home improvements are likely at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor task you should consider taking on early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment scheduled.
The experts at McElroy Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning recommend that furnace service and maintenance be completed at least annually to help prevent a breakdown in the middle of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a great deal of benefits to getting it done before the cold and crisp weather sets in in Grand Island, too. Take a peek at some of the top perks of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make sure that your furnace runs at its top efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating expenses.
- Ensures your furnace is in tip-top shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready for whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Grand Island this year.
- Decreases the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to happen on a cold winter day is have your furnace stop working, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to see potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to make heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are crucial to keeping your home safe through the heating season.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to keep your warranty, so getting regular maintenance completed can save you money if larger problems occur later.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a ton of additional benefits, and getting furnace service completed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the colder months and save you time later because you’re less likely to need additional service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like McElroy Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Grand Island, give us a call at or schedule an appointment with McElroy Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning through our online scheduler.