Planning yearly AC maintenance is helpful.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioner unit in Grand Island operating at peak performance while keeping energy consumption low. It also might even help lengthen its life cycle.
While there are several tasks you can do by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at McElroy Service Experts, for AC examinations and upkeep.
Here are several steps you can do alone as you prepare for warm weather.
Get Your AC Maintenance Booked
Spring is a season of revival, and to many that entails a hefty portion of house, garage and yard sprucing. With the toastier temps approaching, it’s also a good idea to put AC checkups on that listing.
Spring is the best time to get your cooling system scrubbed and inspected. Delaying to flip it on until the first sweltering day of the season can be risky. If you have to schedule repair or a new unit, you might be waiting a long time for a technician. And that may become very unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a fresh AC system will help ensure the finest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, air conditioning maintenance could be mandatory for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do Service Myself?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your cooling system in the ultimate condition:
- Change your air filter. Clogged filters limit airflow and may decrease your unit’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the type of filter you have, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is very necessary if you suffer from allergies or have a dog in your residence.
- Lawn upkeep by the exterior condenser. Ensure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also clear any leaves or twigs that have dropped into your system, because this could limit airflow.
Let the Experts Manage the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you ring McElroy Service Experts at 308-210-4398, the initial thing we could do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already completed. Then we’ll get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll inspect your unit and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver reliable comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving components working like they should and potentially stay clear of problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to clear leak-creating mold and blockages.
- Aligning coil fins to stay clear of decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the outside coil to remove any blockage from soil and weeds.
- Checking controls to make sure your unit is starting, running and turning off like it should.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to establish your system has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we uncover issues that need further work, we are ready to provide you the most cost-effective option. Uncovering possible issues promptly can solve more substantial problems in the future. This also offers you time to strategize if your AC is getting outdated.
When you are seeking a modern cooling system, our Experts will work with you to pick the ideal system for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new unit fit your budget. Regardless of what your cooling needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts have you covered.
Need to schedule your service? Call us at 308-210-4398 or schedule an appointment online now.