Planning yearly AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Maintenance keeps your AC equipment in Grand Island operating at peak performance while keeping energy consumption low. It also might even help prolong its life cycle.
While there are a couple tasks you can do alone, you should call the Experts, like the ones at McElroy Service Experts, for AC examinations and upkeep.
Here are several steps you can do by yourself as you prepare for warm weather.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Set
Spring is a period of revival, and to many that involves a hefty portion of house, garage and yard sprucing. With the hotter temperatures approaching, it’s also a good idea to include AC checkups on that checklist.
Spring is a great time to get your air conditioning system scrubbed and examined. Hesitating to flip it on until the first sweltering day of the summer can be risky. If you have to have repair or installation, you might be waiting a long time for a tech. And that may become very unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a freshened AC system will help ensure the finest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Also, AC maintenance might be mandatory for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any additional extended warranty.
Can I Do Maintenance Myself?
There are steps that you can complete to help keep your cooling system in the prime condition:
- Change your air filter. Filthy filters limit airflow and may decrease your unit’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the type of filter you have, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is particularly necessary if you deal with allergies or have pets in your residence.
- Lawn maintenance near the outdoor condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes by your air conditioning system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of clear space. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have dropped into your system, because this could limit airflow.
Let the Experts Manage the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you get in touch with McElroy Service Experts at 308-210-4398, the primary thing we could do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already finished. Then we’ll get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll inspect your equipment and make sure it’s working correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver reliable comfort.
- Oiling to keep moving pieces working effortlessly and potentially stay clear of problems.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to clear leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Aligning coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to remove any accumulation from soil and grass.
- Checking controls to make sure your equipment is starting, running and shutting off correctly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to establish your system has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we uncover issues that need further work, we are set to offer you the most economical option. Finding possible troubles in a timely manner can solve more substantial problems in the future. This also offers you time to save if your system is getting outdated.
When you are looking for a modern cooling system, our Experts will work with you to pick the best system for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new equipment work for your budget. No matter what your cooling needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts have you covered.
Need to schedule your service? Call us at 308-210-4398 or schedule an appointment online now.