4 Tips for Saving Energy in Grand Island This Summer
Spring is enjoyable for more than a few reasons: flowers bloom, you can open up windows for fresh air and your utility bill is usually at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not using your heating or cooling.
But as temperatures begin to increase, so do your energy costs. Here are a few tips for saving energy in the U.S. and keeping costs down.
1. Call for Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system an annual tune-up can help it operate more efficiently and cut down costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep energy charges low.
If your HVAC equipment has experienced better days, spring is a good time to upgrade it. The energy-saving technology in updated air conditioning systems is a big plus in keeping your energy charges down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on home comfort expenses. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Figuring out how to effectively work your thermostat is the smartest way to reduce energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Consider it this way, the lower the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the lower your air conditioning cost will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or shut it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty residence.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can do a few other approaches to help keep your home comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise during the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This distributes cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it comes through windows. Keep your residence more comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny areas.
4. Consider Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and abruptly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats figure out your schedule and change the temp when you’re not around to help you save energy and money. You can also set the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These expert ideas will all help keep summer energy costs economical. If you conclude it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you find the correct fit for your home. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
How to Pick Out a Suitable HVAC System
In terms of keeping your home comfortable year-round, nothing is more critical than choosing the right heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. This decision impacts your daily comfort, monthly utility bills and general home efficiency. But, with so many system types, sizes and... Continue reading
Annual HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Now that the air turns chilly, you know it’s time to winterize your residence for the cooler months ahead. Your heating system is key to maintaining a cozy, warm environment. A well-maintained furnace delivers the comfort you desire while using less energy. Regular inspections also make your... Continue reading
2024 Furnace and Air Conditioning Trends
In the ever-evolving world of home HVAC, keeping up with the latest HVAC trends is crucial for homeowners seeking to enhance their home’s comfort and efficiency. Going into 2024, the HVAC industry continues to innovate, bringing cutting-edge technologies and trends aimed at changing how... Continue reading