Spring is nice for a couple reasons: flowers are blooming, you can open up windows for fresh air and your utility bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning on your heater or cooling.
But as temps begin to climb, so do your energy costs. Here are a couple of ideas for saving energy in Grand Island and keeping bills less expensive.
1. Schedule Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system an annual tune-up can help it work more efficiently and lower costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep utility costs less expensive.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is a good time to upgrade it. The energy-saving options in newer air conditioning systems is a definite plus in keeping your electricity charges down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling expenses. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Figuring out how to efficiently use your thermostat is the easiest way to reduce energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think of it this way, the lower the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the less expensive your air conditioning bill will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a significantly higher temperature or turn it off. It doesn’t make sense to cool an empty house.
3. Experiment with Other Methods to Cool Your House
You can take advantage of several other things to help keep your house cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise during the summer, which drives cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your residence comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny rooms.
4. Consider Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your schedule and adjust the temp when you’re not around to help you save money. You can also adjust the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These expert suggestions will all help keep summer energy bills economical. If you figure out it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you find the best fit for your home. And as always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.