Spring is nice for a couple reasons: flowers are blooming, you can open up windows for outdoor air and your utility bill is commonly at its most economical. That’s because you’re not turning on your heater or cooling.
But as mercury begins to climb, so do your energy charges. Here are a couple of ideas for saving energy in Grand Island and keeping costs less expensive.
1. Schedule Seasonal AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a yearly maintenance visit can help it work more efficiently and reduce costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep utility costs less expensive.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is an excellent time to upgrade it. The energy-saving options in modern air conditioning systems is a definite benefit for keeping your energy bill down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s a painless way you can save up to 10% on home comfort costs. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Focusing on how to efficiently work your thermostat is the easiest way to lower energy charges in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Consider it this way, the lower the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the less expensive your air conditioning bill will be.
- When you’re out and about, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or turn it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty home.
3. Experiment with Other Methods to Cool Your Home
You can take advantage of several other things to help keep your residence comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise during the summer, which drives cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your house comfortable by drawing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny areas.
4. Consider Using a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and immediately realize you forgot to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and adjust the temp when you’re not around to help you save money. You can also adjust the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These pro suggestions will all help keep summer energy bills economical. If you figure out it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, call us at 308-210-4398 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the right fit for your house. And as always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.